15 Mar Top Picks for Quiet Vacuums
Vacuuming is an essential part of keeping your home clean, but does the noise keep you from doing it as often as you should? Perhaps you have a sleeping baby in the next room or live in an apartment where you don’t want to disturb your neighbors. A quiet, noise-reducing vacuum might be your best purchase this year.
Not all quiet vacuums are created equally, though. Below you’ll find the top picks for quiet—yet powerful—vacuums:
1. Miele S 7580 Bolero (Upright) – This is the highest ranking upright vacuum according to a Consumer Reports lab test. This model thoroughly cleans carpets and picks up pet hair, all while being “remarkably quiet”. The quality comes at a price though—$800 to be exact.
2. Electrolux Ultra Silencer EL6986A (Canister) – This canister vacuum is the very quietest vacuum you can purchase, with noise levels just reaching 63 decibels—about the level of restaurant conversation. (The average vacuum has a decibel level of 80.) Average price: $300.
3. Kenmore Progressive 35922 (Upright) – This upright vacuum is considered a “best buy” according to Consumer Reports; it is moderately quiet and cleans efficiently. Average price: $350.
4. Kenmore Intuition 28014 (Canister) – Although a more costly option, this Kenmore model has high ratings across several review sites. It effectively cleans bare floors as well as carpets, and even has a light on the vacuum head to help you see where you’re going. Average price: $600.
5. Hoover C1660-900 (Upright) – This model features a “hush” mode for quiet operation as well as a power surge switch for extra pick-up power. Average price: $200.
We hope you found this list helpful. Just remember that while vacuuming your carpets a few times a week will help you remove surface debris, only a professional cleaning service will ensure your carpets get the deep clean they need to last as long as possible.
Live in the San Antonio area? Check out our coupons to the right, or contact Steamer’s Carpet Care today to find out more.