01 Aug Removing Furniture Dents From Your Carpets
We’ve all been there before, staring down at an unsightly dent in the carpet caused by that massive couch you’ve been meaning to get rid of for years. Now that the couch is finally gone, the places where its legs rested seem permanently squished.
Never fear, however, your carpet isn’t permanently damaged—it just looks that way. Here are a few easy steps you can follow to remove those furniture dents and get your carpet looking spiffy once again.
- Start out by vacuuming the entire floor to pick up any loose debris that gathered under the furniture.
- Grab a quarter or any other object with an edge and rub it along the squished carpet fibers to lift them up.
- Place a damp rag over the dented area and run a heated iron (medium setting) over the rag. This will continue to pull up the carpet fibers. Word of warning: don’t set the iron too hot or the carpet may melt.
- Allow the carpet to dry and then run the quarter (or other object) over the spots again.
- Vacuum a second time until the spot is undetectable.